You'll wish that summer
could always
be here!


Do ordinary things with extraordinary love.

Monday, December 27, 2010

Winter Treats

Like many parts of the world, we have had an unusal amount of snow this week.  My husband often reminisces about the snow cream his mother used to make in rural Virginia, and so today I made it for him.  He went outside and filled our largest mixing bowl with clean snow.  Meanwhile, I stirred together one cup of milk, half a cup of sugar, and a teaspoon of vanilla.  When Ron came back in I poured the milk mixture into the bowl of snow and stirred it around.  It was really tasty!  Not like ice cream -- maybe more like sorbet -- but surprisingly good.  We all had seconds!  And it brought back happy memories for Ron.

This week we have also been enjoying a reindeer cake.  I try to make this before Christmas but this year I ran out of time.  Another reason to be glad the Christmas season lasts beyond December 25!  I use a pound cake mix and bake it in a lamb pan.  The antlers are broken pretzels.  Not the most photogenic reindeer, but a yummy one.


No comments:

Post a Comment