You'll wish that summer
could always
be here!


Do ordinary things with extraordinary love.

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Tuesday Tales

A weekly peek at what we're reading. 
Post your peek in the comments and share your favorite books!


Anne is reading
My Korean Deli by Ben Ryder Howe


I still have four and a half hours until I can go home and fall asleep.

And when I wake up, it will only be Tuesday.

"This kind of a store is a death tomb," one of the characters says in Bernard Malamud's The Assistant, a novel set in a Brooklyn deli grocery during the 1950s.  "If you stay six months, you'll stay forever."

Which would be worse? I wonder.  Closing tomorrow and having this travesty over our heads for the rest of our lives, or being here forever?  I can't decide, in part because I don't want to make choices, so instead of thinking about it I go back to opening boxes, grateful for something to do with my hands.



Holly is still reading
Mandy by Julie Andrews Edwards



Mandy drifted into sleep and wasn't sure if it was minutes or hours later that she felt the familiar, cool hand on her brow.  The woman's soft voice whispered, "Good night, Mandy.  Sleep well.  I'll be here if you need me."








Lily is reading
The Squirrel Wife by Philippa Pearce

Time passed and time passed, and the time came for squirrels to build their nests in the forest.

As he had been told, Jack climbed tree after tree.

He searched for a squirrel to which he might give his ring.  At last he found one -- a female, newborn, tiny as a rat, hairless, and blind as yet.  He slipped the gold ring over her left forepaw, so that it rested just above it like a bracelet.  Then he climbed down the tree and came away.

1 comment:

  1. How thrilling to have found a resource of other Catholic Moms. I have a blog that posts a link up once a month for other bloggers. It’s called “Pay It Forward” and it highlights the things we moms write. Click on over and check it out and link up one of your own posts.

    Plus, if you’re looking for Easter activities for children and families you’ll definitely need to stop by. Please pop over and link up with other Catholics moms. http://alife-sizecatholicblog.blogspot.com/2012/03/pay-it-forward-april-2012.html

    PS. I'm going to have to keep my eye on what Holly is reading. Us Holly's need to stick together! ;-D

    ReplyDelete