You'll wish that summer
could always
be here!


Do ordinary things with extraordinary love.

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Tuesday Tales

A weekly peek at what we're reading. 
Post your peek in the comments and share your favorite books!


Anne is reading
I Think I Love You by Allison Pearson

"Rose-red city, is it?"

"What?"

"Petra.  Rose-red city, half as old as time."  He spoke the words clearly as if he were an actor reciting a poem.

"Dunno," I said.

Why?  Please God, why?  I'd never said "dunno" in my life before.  Dunno was common.  Dunno was the vocabulary of morons.  My mother could drop down dead in the street if she knew she had a daughter who said "dunno."  The woman who devoured Reader's Digest's "It Pays to Increase Your Word Power" could not have produced a child who said "dunno."

"Remember your manners, Petra, for Gott's sake," my mother would chide.



Holly is reading
Dragonsdale by Salamanda Drake

"But, Da," protested Cara.  "Sky's a Goldenbrow -- that's a very rare breed ..."

"He could be as rare as a mermaid's toenails and he'd still be of no value to me if he won't allow himself to be trained.  We can't afford to keep on stuffing food into useless mouths, that's all."

A cold hand seemed to clutch at Cara's heart.  "Da!"  She had asked the question many times before and knew it was hopeless, but she plowed on.  "Why won't you let me ride Sky?  I know I can do it!  I know I can train him!  Please...."



Lily is reading
Happy Birthday from Carolyn Haywood by Carolyn Haywood


When Betsy's birthday arrived, nothing had come from her grandfather.  Her mother gave her a book written by Betsy's favorite author, and her father gave her a new game that looked like fun.  When she opened the little parcel that had come in the mail, Betsy found a gold bracelet, with small gold letters dangling from it.  The letters spelled "Betsy."  It was from her grandmother, with a loving message.  Betsy thought it was beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment