You'll wish that summer
could always
be here!


Do ordinary things with extraordinary love.

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Tuesday Tales

A weekly peek at what we're reading.
Post your peek in the comments and share your favorite books!



Anne is still reading
The Paris Wife by Paula McLain


It was ironic to think that nearly all of the women I knew now were direct benefactors of the suffragette work my mother did decades ago, right in our own parlor, while I curled up with a book and tried to be invisible.  It was possible that I was never going to catch up with the truly modern woman, but did I have to hide my head so willfully?  Couldn't I experiment just a little to see what else might feel right, especially when I had good friends who loved me, as Pauline had pointed out, and wanted me to succeed?





Holly is reading
Think About It, You Might Learn Something by Robyn Supraner



The first thing I want to say is that it wasn't my fault.  The whole thing happened because Charles, my baby brother (you can tell I'm mad when I call him Charles) decided to be cute.

Anyway, Charles had this little green snake that looked and felt exactly like a real snake.





Lily is reading
365 Penguins by Jean-Luc Fromental



"Give them away," Mommy suggested.

Daddy had a better idea:
"We should
organize them!"

No comments:

Post a Comment