You'll wish that summer
could always
be here!


Do ordinary things with extraordinary love.

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Tuesday Tales

A weekly peek at what we're reading.

Post your peek in the comments and share your favorite books!

Anne is still reading
The Moonflower Vine by Jetta Carleton
He kept a good deal to himself, taking refuge in the things of nature, which he loved for their own sake as well as for the protection they gave him.  He knew all the woods and creeks around the countryside.  He knew where to find the first wild grapes, the biggest hazelnuts and the greediest fish, and what day of spring the button willows showed their first green.  He could stand for a long time so still that the wood doves gathered in the branches around him, while their soft plump syllables fell through the leaves like ripe fruit.



Ron is reading
Inside the Vatican














Holly is reading
Song of the Sparrow by Lisa Ann Sandell


Do you think me a
witch, too, Lancelot?
I asked, my breath coming
in fits.
In that brief instant, as I
waited for his answer, I felt
myself a pink salmon,
sparkling in the sunlight,
caught in a fisherman's snare.
But when I looked up again into
Lancelot's meadow-green eyes
that smiled back at me, and
his lips made a perfect circle
as he mouthed the word no,
I knew I was safe.
That he would always keep me safe.


And that, I believe,
is when I first began
to love him.

Lily is reading
Cranberry Thanksgiving by Wende and Harry Devlin

They sat by the warm embers of the fire and ate pumpkin pie with whipped cream.
"How delicious," said Maggie.

"How delightful," said Grandmother.

"How about another piece?" said Mr. Whiskers.

No comments:

Post a Comment