You'll wish that summer
could always
be here!


Do ordinary things with extraordinary love.

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Tuesday Tales

A weekly peek at what we're reading.
Post your peek in the comments and share your favorite books!

Anne is reading Looking for Salvation at the Dairy Queen by Susan Gregg Gilmore

I turned to Martha Ann and she held me tight.  "I don't know if I can do this without you," she said.

"Yes, you can," I told her, whispering in her ear.  I felt so guilty leaving her behind.  Maybe she really did need me to stay.  I wondered if this was how Mama felt when she got to heaven, happy to be there but sorry she had to go.  God, I wished Gloria Jean were here, pushing me onto that bus.  She would tell me that I had to go, that Martha Ann was going to be just fine, that she had some dreaming of her own she needed to do.

"I'm not going to be far," I said, and kissed her on the cheek, stepping onto the Greyhound without looking back.



Holly is reading Pokemon Visual Guide by Katherine Fang and Cris Silvestri


There are facilities known as Day Cares that are devoted to the care of Pokemon eggs and baby Pokemon.  One place where Day Cares proliferate is the rural town of Eggseter, located in a lush area of Johto with ideal weather.  The area has long been home to Nesters, the people who care for baby Pokemon and Pokemon eggs, and visitors will see a variety of Day Care facilities as they travel through the area.






Lily is reading Room for a Little One by Martin Waddell




"Come inside," Kind Ox said.

"There's always room for a little one here."

No comments:

Post a Comment